Let’s make some monkey cupcakes, shall we?
First, I used my Mom’s chocolate cake recipe (the same one I used for the boob cupcakes). It’s super yummy and a snap to whip together…only one bowl required!
Truth be told, I bought the icing (yes, I know). I could have made it but decided my sanity was more important.
My inspiration for these playful primates came from Amy and her wicked blog, Serving Pink Lemonade.
How to Make Those Marvelous Monkey Cupcakes
Decorating goes something like this:
- Ice cupcake with store bought chocolate icing
- Position a vanilla wafer at the bottom of each cupcake for the muzzle
- Place a mini ritz cracker on either side of the face for the ears
- Cut miniature marshmallows in half with scissors and reshaped into circles for the eyes
- Place narshmallows in the center of the cupcake against the vanilla wafer muzzle
- Press mini M&Ms against the marshmallows to make the pupils
- Use a piping bag with melted chocolate or an icing pen, or Candy Writer to draw the nose and mouth on the wafer.
- Add chocolate sprinkles on the top of the cupcake for hair
- Do the happy dance!
Monkey Cupcake Tips
- Get help, invite a couple of friends over. It’s much more fun that way.
- Apply marshmallows sticky side out, then your M&M pupils won’t budge
- M&M’s go dull if refridgerated (important to note if you care about that sort of thing)
- Make slits on either side of the cupcake to insert the ears
- Mini Ritz crackers come in a few sizes within the box make sure the ears match
(Thanks to Lerae and AC, who took this picture)
Thinking of Planning a Monkey Party?
Calling all monkeys…calling all monkeys
Banana cookies – best of the bunch